What’s so great about internet marketing, I hear you ask? Well if you are new to this world, and if you have a fledgling business that you want to see grow, there is no better method on God’s green earth as far as I’m concerned for promoting and growing your business. The internet has revolutionized the way we do business – if you want to stay ahead and outdo your competition, then you need to get involved.
In this post I will cover some of the basics of internet marketing, and why you must get involved.
Search Engine Optimization:
One of the most popular internet marketing strategies is search engine optimization (SEO) – don’t let the sales pitch confuse you, despite the attempts and claims of many Companies to the contrary, SEO, for a very small brand or business, is actually very easy to do. The hard part is the monotony involved.
- Research your main target search terms using The Google Keyword Tool – when using this tool only use the exact match setting.
- Always be wary of targeting terms you can’t realistically rank for – start small i.e. terms with less than 1,000 searches per month (there’s more to competitive analysis than that, but for now that will do).
- Create content around your main target terms – all of the content needs to be completely unique. Just focus on integrating the search term once or at most twice within your unique copy.
- Build links to your website – this point can’t be emphasized enough. Link building should be about 70% of the activity you perform each month. Start by using services like MyBlogGuest.com.
There you have it, four tips which will put you well ahead of most of the “let’s get to the top of search as quickly as possible” crowd.
Web forums are the bread and butter of internet marketing. A web forum is basically a place to communicate with other business owners, or other people interested in a specific topic. There are millions of web forums you can join and truth be told, they are very effective for new business generation, providing you stick by some basic principles:
- Go where the activity is – find forums with a strong and active membership base. Two of the best options in the UK are 4Networking.biz and The UK Business Forums.
- Use an avatar – a professional looking one.
- Engage with your audience – do not under any circumstances try to sell to them from the outset. Rather, do EVERYTHING you can to help them; I mean everything. Build up your reputation as an expert in your niche. Get very creative and stand out – right amazingly long posts with amazingly useful information about your industry. Avoid self-promotion. People can make their own conclusions; in fact they are very good at it.
- Always use a signature – if you don’t know what a signature is, find out.
- Don’t expect your world to transform inside of 100 posts – this strategy takes time but it is incredibly effective.
Web forums are fantastic for marketing your business – focus on one or at most two at the outset, and build up your reputation.
With these two strategies, you can’t fail to build a business empire online – get to it!
Have you considered buying a franchise? Review a wide range of franchise opportunities now, only at FranchiseOpportunities.org.uk.