Whether you own one hotel or a dozen, improving the hotel experience of your guests should be a number one priority. Smart real estate investors in the hospitality industry know that happy guest’s equal repeat customers and free word-of-mouth advertising – the best type of marketing. In this article, we’re going to give you some easy and inexpensive ways to improve the experience for all the guests to your hotel. Keep reading if you want to learn one of the best ways to increase the ROI of your investment properties.
How to Improve the Hotel Experience
- Social Media Concierge – When you have an employee monitoring social media all the time, it’s easy to answer questions of guests or even potential guests. You can also split this work up among different people. However, if you run a large hotel with many guests, you may want to hire a dedicated social media person for your concierge team.
- Knowing Names Matters – Guests feel special when you greet them by name. This is easy to do and doesn’t cost any extra money. By acknowledging guests by their names, you can go a long way in making them feel more at home when they’re staying at your hotel. And that can lead to repeat visits and good reviews online.
- Know the Local Area – Even if your guests aren’t from out of town, the more you know about your local area, the easier it will be to direct your guests to the best your city has to offer. People remember when you go out of your way to recommend something local. Make it easy for guests to get this information.
- Amenities Also Matter – No matter what you’ve heard before, the little extras count. Whether it’s a mint on the pillow or a wake-up call in the morning, when you offer specials and extras the guests can’t get anywhere else, they’re going to flock to your hotel and keep coming back again and again.
- Manage Guest Expectations – While you want to offer top-notch service at all times, it’s important to manage the expectations of your guests. Be honest about what you offer, including amenities, and guests will thank you for it. There’s no need to exaggerate the truth when it comes to your hotel. Honesty is the best policy.
- Listen to Guest Feedback – Whether it’s online or on a guest card, make sure you read and listen to the feedback from your guests. This is one of the best ways to improve the hotel experience of people staying with you. You might be surprised by what matters or doesn’t matter to your guests.
- Be Very Visible Online – Having just a website is not enough these days. Your hotel should have a full social media presence with new content being added all the time. This takes time and costs money, but the fruits of your labor will be worth it. If you’re not easily found online, you’re going to have problems.
Help from Professionals
While you can implement some or even all of the ideas we’ve listed above, if you want to ensure your guests are happy, you want to hire professionals. Improving the hotel experience of your guests doesn’t need to be expensive. When you pay attention to the small details, your guests are going to matter. Even improving their experience at your hotel by a little bit can go a long way in making sure they become repeat customers. Hiring a firm to help you run your hotel can improve your bottom line and help you keep your occupancy rates high.